Preventing Illness with Pet Wellness Care
Pet wellness care is about much more than a physical exam every year. It includes diagnostic lab work, dental evaluation, vaccinations, nutrition, and more. Our goal is twofold: to prevent disease from developing and to detect any diseases present in their earliest and most easily treated stages. Since pets age so much faster than we do, we recommend seeing your pet annually or semiannually for wellness exams.
Schedule an appointment with us So we can keep your pet in tip-top shape.
“The staff there was so kind and great with my cat. 10 STARS.”
"THE BEST! Great staff, outstanding care and extremely skilled vets."
"I've been here twice and the staff and Dr. are both amazing… Very reasonably priced and down to earth. They do a good job of explaining what is wrong, they are very sweet to my dog every time I bring her in. You can tell they just genuinely care… Highly recommend this vet!"
"Dr Martin is companionate, intelligent and does a great job explaining everything! Your pet couldn’t be in better hands."
What is Included in a Typical Wellness Exam?
When you bring your pet into one of our Boynton Beach locations, you’ll be treated with superior care and compassion. Our veterinarians and staff also practice low-stress handling and are particularly sensitive to the comfort of our feline friends. During a typical wellness exam, we’ll perform any needed services with this same level of sensitivity, respect, and kindness.
Typical services include:
- Physical exam to check the skin, coat, eyes, ears, mouth, heart, lungs, and more for abnormalities
- Weight check
- Discussion with you about their nutrition, especially if your pet is under or overweight
- Parasite prevention discussion and prescription
- Vaccination administration (if due)
- Age-appropriate bloodwork to detect any underlying diseases
- Fecal exam to check for intestinal parasites